- Organize the independents and nonvoting citizens into a majority voting bloc.
- Run candidates for office from dog catcher to president.
- Individual candidates pledge:
- Not to raise money from any source and not to spend money as an individual candidate.
- Work with their state party to promote a cooperative statewide identity.
- Pledge to not seek reelection after 12 years in any office.
- Pledge to honor any recall vote in their district against them.
- Pledge to honor any referendum or petition coming from their district.
- Pledge not to take any gifts, contributions, bribes, trips, or special insider offers.
- Pledge to honor the rotation of committee chairs and allow all issues a vote in committees.
- Pledge not to vote on any issue without prior public input and foresight feedback.
- The New Independent Party USA will form a membership association where to be an active supporting member each will pay $10 a month into their state’s organization ($5 a month for students and senior citizens). These funds will be used to pay the salaries of county center employees and to create incentives for companies to hire new employees and create new business and environmental opportunities as well as maintain ongoing projects. Campaigning will be just one of the many projects of county and state chapters. Regular members do not pay but can get our newsletters. Membership is open to anyone.
- Each state will promote all of their state’s New Independent Party candidates in cooperate advertising and promotions….with no individual promotions. Individual
candidates will not raise funds or expend funds on their own behalf, nor be allowed to loan themselves any funds. Travel and other costs will come from the state funds.
- No NIP candidate will be involved in negative campaign tactics or negative advertising, nor will they attack any opponent in debates or personally. All candidates will limit their campaigning to sixty days before the general election.
- Each state will develop their own candidates in a statewide convention in which any member has the right to run for any office they feel they have something to contribute. The state organization will produce and distribute bio information for all of their candidates.
- Each state will develop a statewide platform of critical issues by consensus at their state convention.
- Each state organization will maintain a state website in which all of their members will be allowed to provide electronic feedback on any issue on their platform or whenever an issue might come before their state legislature. Similar feedback will be provided for all national and international issues. The data from these feedbacks will be shared with all elected officials and the public.
- State organizations of the NIP will not just be an election year effort but actually will be involved in state and local projects related to environment, public services, health care, elderly care, education and recreation the year around.
- State organizations and the national associations may offer special incentives for members participation in travel, recreation, financial, banking, retail, educational, health care offerings that may benefit the association financially.
- Individual members may earn incentive points by volunteering their time, contributing to their association, running for office, being involved in continuing education and health care projects and for recruiting new members. These points may apply to an association retirement program, incentive rewards or a loan program based on the points each member has earned. Active supporting members may get paid for recruiting new members.
- The NIP or its associations will not reveal the identities of any of its individual members to any outside source, nor will they ever sell this information to an outside source.
- Each state organization and association will elect one statewide representative to be on the national committee. The national committee will have its own budget for national
candidates as well as national projects. These funds will come from each state’s budget as agreed by all of the states. The national committee will also develop a national platform to be agreed upon by all national candidates.
- The USA model for the NIP will be offered to representatives of any country that brings forward an interested group of members in that country. A percentage of the budgets for every state and national organization will be offered to an international level in which one member from each country will be elected to represent them. The international organization will develop a platform of issues to promote around the world based on our core values.
Copyright (2013) NIPUSA
Designed by AK